Learn and Grow with Us
Pachamama Alliance internships provide fulfilling opportunities to contribute to our mission while learning more about our programs, working closely with the staff and our extended community both in the United States and around the world.
We seek to provide an experience which will support your growth and development as a social change agent and provide an avenue for you to put your passion, commitment, skills and experience into action in service of our mission and to the transformation of our world.
Internship Duration and Hours
Our internships require a minimum commitment of 6-8 weeks and 10-12 hours a week. Some positions request a larger time commitment. We also accommodate other academic internship requirements for credit.
What to Expect
Interns works closely with their supervisor(s) throughout the internship and may have one project or work on many. We strive to incorporate interns as closely as possible into the day-to-day activities and the organization’s culture.
Daily duties may vary and include independent projects, administrative support as well as assisting staff. Our pace here is moderate but, at times, can be very busy and dynamic.
We are looking to work with enthusiastic, passionate people who are fast learners, able to work independently, and who can be flexible and adaptable when priorities change.
Interns will generally be working in our Presidio Office although there are some positions that can be done remotely.
We are located at the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in the Presidio in Bldg #1009. We are located right on the MUNI 43 Masonic line and the 29 line and the PresidiGo. You can get directions to our offices here: Contact Us.
Internships at The Pachamama Alliance are currently unpaid, but we are interested in looking for sponsors or donors to make stipends and paid internships something we can offer in the future.
Basic Qualifications and Expectations
- Interns must be comfortable using basic computer programs: Excel, Word, Internet, and E-Mail
- Training will be provided for work using our donor database
- Previous office experience is preferred but not necessary
- Personal Attributes: confidence in working independently, great attitude, flexibility, organization skills, ability to multitask, comfortable and friendly phone manner, great communication skills, enthusiastic, dependable, resourceful, conscientious, detail-oriented, organized, and responsible.
- Other qualifications may apply based on specific positions
- Review the information above carefully
- Download the internship application
- Complete the application form and include a cover letter stating why you are interested in interning at Pachamama and what strengths you could bring to the organization
- Lastly, include your resume and two references
- Send completed application and supporting documents via email to Lindsay Dyson or via mail to The Pachamama Alliance, Attn: Lindsay Dyson, P.O. Box 29191, San Francisco, CA 94129
(Email applications are preferred)
Upon completion of your application contact Lindsay Dyson, Volunteer Program Manager, to set up a phone or in person interview or if you have any questions. You can email Lindsay Dyson or call 415-561-4522 ext. 101.