Check out our press release about our 2014 Pachamama Journeys and announcement that our Amazonian Immersion with the Sarayaku-Kichwa and the Achuar Journey made National Geographic Traveler’s 2014 “50 Tours of a Lifetime List”!
The Pachamama Alliance Announces its 2014 Journey Schedule and Selection for National Geographic Traveler’s “50 Tours of a Lifetime” List
Connect with the Earth, indigenous wisdom and your deeper self on a transformational journey of a lifetime.
San Francisco, CA, April 14, 2014 – The Pachamama Alliance, a 501c3 organizations whose vision is to bridge ancient wisdom with the modern world to bring forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just world, announces its schedule of 2014 Pachamama Journeys. Journey destinations include indigenous communities in the pristine rainforest of Ecuador, and to a special ceremonial center and community in New Mexico. The experiences are designed to expand the mind, open the heart, and stir the soul.
The journeys offered by the Pachamama Alliance are purposeful travel immersions that go far beyond conventional eco-tourism and adventure travel. The participant is invited into a deeper relationship with the people and lands visited, with a rare opportunity to connect with indigenous communities, traditions, and wisdom; engage in sacred ceremonies and deep reflection; and experience profound connection with the natural world while being held in a mutually supportive community.
The experience is not only transformative on a personal level; it is also connected to a larger vision for the world. Participants frequently report feeling deeply transformed after their participation in a Journey. Adam DeVito said, “My journey into the heart of the rainforest with the Pachamama Alliance was one of the most potent experiences of my life. I had the feeling of being guided back in time as I went deeper into my own true self. I returned so alive and much more awakened to my life’s greater purpose.”
Vinit Allen, a participant to the sacred ceremonial grounds in New Mexico stated that, “The Arawaka journey was incredible for me – I would even say life-changing. I can’t recommend this highly enough!”
The 2014 Journeys calendar from the Pachamama Alliance includes 8 different journeys, each with a unique focus. Participants can explore earth-based spirituality, shamanism, or an immersion in the warmth and wisdom of the Achuar, Shuar, or Sápara peoples.
- May 3 to 9, 2014: Journey in the North: An Immersion in Indigenous Wisdom and Earth-Based Spirituality
- June 7 to 19, 2014: An Immersion with the Achuar
- July 10 to 21, 2014: An Intimate Journey to the Achuar
- August 7 to 19, 2014: Immersion with the Sápara
- August 29 to September 4, 2014: Journey in the North: An Immersion in Indigenous Wisdom and Earth-Based Spirituality
- October 1 to 13, 2014: Achuar Immersion with a shamanic emphasis
- October 18 to 30, 2014: Amazonian Immersion with the Sarayaku-Kichwa and Achuar (National Geographic pick!)
- December 27 to January 8, 2015: A Powerful Year-End Deep Dive with the Achuar