Facilitators are members of the Pachamama Alliance community who step into leadership by hosting Symposiums and spreading the message of Up to Us.
- Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States
- Primary Language: English
- Facilitator Since: 2007
- Website: South Bay Facilitators
As a Facilitator, I am Committed to
- Symposium Presenter
- Symposium Host
- Symposium Producer
- Community Coordinator
- Facilitator Training Leader
I've been a Facilitator since 2007. I have delivered 97 events with a total of 1834 attendees.
What drives me is my deep seated yearning for social justice. I was born and raised in a social milieu in France that was neither financially wealthy nor lacking, and with a set of values that I inherited, some of them I don't agree with, yet I have been benefiting from this state of affairs.
However I feel my connection with the least privileged amongst us, and it tears me apart to see what we've done to our world.
The Pachamama three prong commitment to social justice, environmental health, and spiritual fulfilment keeps me sane and oriented in my actions like the North Pole to a compass.
The task is huge and I'm not alone. That fire keeps me going.
Why I'm a Pachamama Alliance Facilitator
At my first Symposium in Sept. 2007, I was totally inspired by the global vision and purpose of The Pachamama Alliance, and the heart and genuinness of the people associated with the organization. I knew it would become the purpose of my own life, and that this was a community I wanted to be associated with. I got trained as a facilitator a month later to present the Awakening The Dreamer Symposium, and later on to lead facilitator trainings.
Events I've hosted as a facilitator:
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Ben Lomond on June 9, 2016
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Ben Lomond on January 3, 2016
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Felton on December 20, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in San Jose on December 13, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Felton on November 8, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Ben Lomond on October 11, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Santa Cruz on September 20, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Santa Cruz on September 13, 2015
- I hosted a Local Community Group Event in Felton on August 9, 2015
- I hosted a Symposium in San Jose on June 26, 2015
If I could change the world
If I could change the world:
- I would form a council of all beings in which all living entities are represented, and have an equal voice.
- The council would be charged with the task of establishing the priorities and rules so that all living beings have access to the resources to meet their needs, with no one left out.
- I would have a majority of women in the seats of power in human organizations and governments.
- I would replace the monetary system with a time currency, where everyone's energy is equally valued, appreciated, and given its due reward and compensation, so no one is lacking.
- I would establish a system of reciprocity in all transactions, whether between humans, between groups, between nature and humans, and so on, so that all transactions result in a mutual benefit for all parties involved in the transactions.
- I would establish the right to have work as a primary component of social organization, so that everyone knows their place in society, and knows that their work fulfills a service to the whole.
- I would honor all traditions, spiritual, ethnic, racial, linguistic, so that diversity is appreciated to the fullest, and no one is made to feel inferior to anyone else.
This is who inspires me
I have been blessed to have phenomenal teachers in my life, that have touched me to the core, and helped me set my own compass:
- Emilia Rathbun
- Joanna Macy
- Lynne Twist
- Bill Twist
- Arkan Lushwala
- Marcelo Weichafe
Experiences I'm proud of
In February 1979 I was involved in a very traumatic accident.
I'm proud of the way I have used my diminished physical abilities to become more focused in the ways I could be of service, and avoid the trap of being a victim of fate.
What I'm passionate about
What drives me to do what I do is the joy of being alive, being connected to other beings, knowing that we are all made of the same stuff!