Homelessness in our Midst - Is that OK?
Sat. Nov 9, 2013 12:30 pm to Sat. Nov 9, 2013 7:00 pm
About the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium
The Awakening the Dreamer Symposium is a half-day transformative journey that educates people on the challenges and possibilities of this moment in time and the role they can play in creating a new future.
The Pachamama Alliance South Bay Community
in collaboration with:
- The Santa Cruz Circle Church
- The Interfaith Satellite Shelter Project
- Hope Swells
- Santa Cruz Sanctuary Camp
- The Oral Histories of People Experiencing Homelessness
Presents the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium, focusing on Homelessness.
Through the Symposium we will explore:
- The connection between homelessness and the general health of our society
- The human aspect of homelessness and its costs to all of us
- Some of the local initiatives being offered
- What we, as a community, can do together in a spirit of compassion, to alleviate homelessness in our county.
Doors open at 12:30 PM
The Symposium will run from 1 PM to 5:30 PM, and will include various presentations and breakout groups.
A community dinner prepared by The Circle Church will follow at 6 PM with live music.
Errett Circle is on the West side of Santa Cruz, off California Street.
Parking is available at the Church, and around Errett Circle.