What Is the Getting Into Action Workshop?
“If the success or failure of this planet and of human beings depended on how I am and what I do, how would I be? What would I do?” - R. Buckminster Fuller
The Getting into Action Workshop is a one day interactive, transformational workshop designed to deepen our understanding of what it means to be an agent of change, and to empower our capacity to address humanity’s most pressing issues.
Awakening the Dreamer Symposium participants and volunteer Facilitators have long requested a workshop that focuses on how to take action as an “awakened” individual in the world.
Launched in 2011, the Getting into Action Workshop grounds participants in their experience of blessed unrest, the state of undeniable connection and service to all life.
While the Workshop is a natural continuation of the learning begun in the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium, participation in a Symposium is not a pre-requisite.
What Participants Take Away
At the heart of the Getting into Action Workshop is a belief that the quality and character of our being inform our knowing and doing as we work to transform the world – not the other way around.
The Workshop leads participants in a deep investigation of key questions related to our Being, Knowing, and Doing as agents of change, including:
- Who am I?
- How does my identity affect change?
- How can intuition and the rational mind inform each other?
- How do I educate myself about the areas of crisis and possibility facing humanity?
- What is mine to do in the world?
- What/where is the community in which my action will have the greatest effect?
- What specific tools and practices will support my ongoing engagement in the work?
The purpose of this investigation is for each person to clarify their unique and unfolding role as an agent of change, awake, committed, and in action in the world.