Pachamama Alliance Communities around the globe gather to connect, learn more and have fun with people who share a similar vision for the world.
Minnesota Pachamama Community
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Community Since: Nov, 2010
- Size: 30 Members
Awakening the Dreamer Symposium
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United StatesSun. Mar 5, 2017
Who We Are and What We Do
The Minnesota Pachamama Community really got going in the fall of 2010, after two good-sized ATD Symposiums were held in the Twin Cities (one facilitated by Lynne Twist herself!). Since then we've held two facilitator trainings, and in September of 2012 we put on a 3-day event that included a fundraiser for The Pachamama Alliance, a symposium (140 participants), and a Getting into Action Workshop (70 participants).
1. To educate and wake people up (via the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium and the Game Changer Intensive)
2. To provide a community for awakened people to be connected to and supported by one another (via potlucks, monthly topical gatherings, field trips, etc.)
3. To partner/collaborate with like-minded organizations to promote collective action and engagement
4. To look for partnerships with indigenous populations in order to invite/share wisdom and build connection
The Areas This Community Includes
Our community members reside in the Twin Cities metro area, though of course anyone from farther out is more than welcome to join us!
Our Community Story
Our current group really came together after the two symposiums that were held in the fall of 2010. A facilitator training was held shortly after these two events, and our group was under way.
Our Community Activities
We have monthly topical gatherings and periodically put on the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium. We also work with other like-minded organizations and mutually promote and support each others' events. See our Facebook page for details.