Pachamama Alliance Contest Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are general to all Pachamama Alliance contests. Not all Terms and Conditions will necessarily be relevant to every contest.
- Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. Pachamama Alliance will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Pachamama Alliance is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Pachamama Alliance for any reason.
- All winners will be notified by the form/method of contact they provided to Pachamama Alliance when they initially entered the contest. If contest was entered by filling out a form or by mail, winner will be emailed or called.
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within: a) five (5) business days for contests entered via a form, email or mail, b) twenty four (24) hours for contests entered via social media, c) twenty four (24) hours for contests entered via text messaging, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- Only one entry per person will be considered for contest entry unless the contest announcement specifically says that multiple entries are allowed.
- All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively and severally, “Materials”) submitted by you to Pachamama Alliance shall become the sole and exclusive property of Pachamama Alliance, and Pachamama Alliance shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
Pachamama Alliance may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting Materials to Pachamama Alliance, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Pachamama Alliance free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that Pachamama Alliance shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
- You acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted by you may be made available by Pachamama Alliance for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to Pachamama Alliance. By submitting Materials to Pachamama Alliance, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials.
- You agree to hold Pachamama Alliance and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with Pachamama Alliance’s use of the Materials submitted to Pachamama Alliance and used in any manner in Pachamama Alliance’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Contests involving evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the contest will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of Pachamama Alliance. Decisions by Pachamama Alliance are final.
- All entrants and winners must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated or posted.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
- Neither Pachamama Alliance nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. Pachamama Alliance is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Pachamama Alliance.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Pachamama Alliance in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- A contest is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- Pachamama Alliance reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
- Pachamama Alliance reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
- By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- The following criteria apply:
- In contests in which winners are selected at random, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and cannot be determined in advance.
- In contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by Pachamama Alliance on the merits of each entry, in Pachamama Alliance’s sole and absolute discretion.
- In contests in which winners are selected on the basis of being the nth person to complete a stated action, the winner shall be that person provided that he or she validly completes the action, validity being determined by Pachamama Alliance, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- In contests and polls in which Pachamama Alliance solicits votes by the public to help decide the winner, while the results of such polls may be a considered factor in determining the winner, the winner will ultimately be selected by Pachamama Alliance in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Except in the case of contests in which winners are selected as outlined in clause 18(c), each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced as well as state where an when a prize can be collected, if applicable. Winners of contests run in accordance with clause 18(c) will be announced the day the action is completed. A list of winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped (first-class postage) envelope to Pachamama Alliance and requesting the list.
- Pachamama Alliance reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by Pachamama Alliance, unless prohibited by law.
- Pachamama Alliance reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
- SMS Contest Rules
- FOR CONTESTS THAT PERMIT ENTRY VIA TEXT MESSAGE: NO PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Standard text messaging rates apply. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the major wireless carriers in the United States, but Pachamama Alliance makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages.
Participants should check their phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge participants for each text message, including any error message, that is sent and/or received in connection with the contest.
Participants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You may receive reply messages.
Participants are solely responsible for any wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
All entries must be received and recorded by the sweepstakes’ stated end date Pachamama Alliance’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/mobile phone number, regardless of entry method.
Message and Data Rates May Apply.
Campaign / Service is compatible with most handsets.
Participation must be generated by account holder. Text STOP to cancel, Text HELP for help.
- Pachamama Alliance is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with any contest.
- Employees of Pachamama Alliance or their immediate family members or anyone else connected in any way with any contest or helping to set up the contest shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by United States law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
- Pachamama Alliance is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation (tax ID number 94-3249793) and its registered office is at 1009 General Kennedy Boulevard 2F, San Francisco, CA 94129.
Telephone: 415-561-4522 Fax: 415-561-4521