Our itineraries are thoughtfully organized and skillfully curated, making your time in Ecuador as seamless as possible and freeing you to focus fully on the experience.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Pachamama Journeys have unfortunately been postponed - we hope to have offerings available mid-year 2021. If you would like to be notified when Journeys are available again, let us know by writing to email@example.com.
If you are interested in visiting on your own, Kapawi Ecolodge is hoping to re-open soon and offers many of the same experiences you would have on a Pachamama Journey. You can explore options and book directly with Kapawi and Juan Carlos Garcia will be delighted to work with you.
- Guest arrival
- No-host dinner for early arrival guests
- Double-occupancy lodging at the boutique historic Quito hotel, Cultura Manor
- Gourmet breakfast followed by morning welcome and briefing
- Descend Andes in chartered bus through the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Enter the Amazonian region through the waterfall-laden Pastaza River Canyon
- Double-occupancy lodging at the charming MiraMelindo hosteria at the edge of rainforest
Visit NAKU Lodge in Sápara territory for the first two nights and then stay at the beautiful Kapawi Eco-lodge in Achuar territory for the next 4 nights.
- Arrive by chartered flight over primary rainforest
- Attend early morning dream sharing and interpretation ceremonies
- Experience purification rituals
- Learn about making artisan items: ceramics, baskets, darts, headbands, etc.
- Hike through the rainforest with our indigenous partners to understand their traditional relationship with and understanding of the forest
- Experience shamanic ceremonies
- Share in cultural exchanges between fellow Journeyers and indigenous communities
- Take relaxing siestas in hammocks
- Partake in traditional feasts of local foods
- Swim, kayak, and float in refreshing rivers
- Restore with time for rest, reflection, and journaling
- Share conversations with indigenous partners and fellow travelers
- Group departs by flight after breakfast, weather pending.
- Charter bus takes us 1 hour to Baños.
- Relax in the tranquil environment ideally situated between the rainforest and mountains
- Late afternoon cocktail gathering for sharing and learning more in-depth about the situation in Ecuador and Rainforest
- Double-occupancy lodging at local hotel in Baños
- Group departs by charter bus for Quito after breakfast
- Arrival, Check-in at Cultura Manor
- Time for exploring historic Quito
- Farewell celebratory gourmet dinner
- Double-occupancy lodging at Cultura Manor in Quito
Breakfast, group departs
* This itinerary is subject to change.
At Kapawi there could be occasions with triple-occupancy lodging, but only in the larger cabanas at Kapawi that are already designed to accommodate triples.
Each Journey is skillfully curated by trained leaders and expert guides on the ground.
- Our Journey Leaders are volunteers who have experience as a Journey participant and have gone through an extensive leadership training to effectively hold a safe and dynamic space for you on your Journey.
- Our Ecuadorian guides have been guiding for decades and are dedicated to supporting the rainforest and indigenous people. Their knowledge, understanding, trust and relationships are an invaluable part of the Journeys experience.
Trips require a minimum of 8 travelers and there will be a maximum of 14.
Prices are for check or wire transfer. Credit card transactions will incur a 2.9% fee to offset processing fees.
We will consider your reservation confirmed upon receipt of your deposit. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the journey.
Cancelling your journey
You may cancel your journey 90 days prior to the start of the Journey without charge. Otherwise please refer to the shedule below:
|Days prior to journey||Fee|
|90 days||No cancellation fee|
|90 to 60 days||Deposit amount|
|59 to 45 days||50% of the total journey cost|
|Less than 45 days||Full cost of the journey|