*Airfare not included. Rules, terms and conditions apply. See rules below.
- For every $50 donated between April 22, 2017 and June 20, 2017, you will automatically receive one entry to win a Pachamama Journey to the Amazon rainforest. Donations must be received by 11:59pm PT on June 20, 2017 to be eligible.
- Eligible donations are for new donations only, on or after April 22, 2017. Previously established gifts—such as recurring monthly and pledged gifts—are not eligible.
- Entries are unlimited
- Airfare is not included
- Winner will be notified via phone or email on July 10, 2017. Trip must be completed within one year of notification.
- Employees of the Pachamama Alliance and members of their immediate family are not eligible to win. Immediate family includes: spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Terms and conditions apply
Learn More About the Trip
See upcoming Pachamama Journey itineraries.
An Area Critical to the Earth’s Climate
The Sacred Headwaters is a region of the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador and Peru and is an area of immense global importance.
It is recognized as containing the highest levels of biodiversity in the entire Amazon basin—perhaps in the whole world. And by sequestering carbon and producing oxygen on a massive scale, the Amazon rainforest plays a critical role in helping to regulate the Earth’s climate.
Permanent Protection of the Sacred Headwaters
Despite its globally recognized ecological value, the Sacred Headwaters, and its indigenous stewards, are under threat from oil and other extractive industries. While Ecuadorian and Peruvian laws formally recognize indigenous ancestral land rights, governments claim ownership of subsurface mineral rights (and use that claim to encourage industrial level exploitation of indigenous territories).
Unless the industrial onslaught is successfully challenged, this culturally and biologically critical region is at risk of degradation, deforestation, and toxic pollution. The consequences would be severe not only for indigenous communities for whom these forests are sacred homelands, but also for our global climate
Pachamama Alliance, in partnership with other organizations, is currently developing a plan to secure permanent protection of this region. Today in honor of Earth Day, donate to Pachamama Alliance to support the permanent protection of this critical area.
Donate $50 For a Chance to Win a Trip to the Rainforest
For every $50 you donate between April 22, 2017 and June 20, 2017, you will automatically receive one entry to win a trip to the Sacred Headwaters region.