Location: San Francisco, CA
Deadline for Application: October 21, 2017 (position open until filled)
About Pachamama Alliance
Pachamama Alliance is an established San Francisco-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture and, using insights gained from that work, to educate and inspire individuals everywhere to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world.
About the Marketing Team
Pachamama Alliance’s Marketing Team is responsible for driving participation in our online courses, conference calls, regional chapters, and travel immersions. We accomplish this using a variety of techniques supported by the inbound marketing strategy.
The Marketing Team seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and organized team-player to support the growing demands of bringing more participants into our programs. We are looking for a candidate whose life purpose is deeply aligned with the mission and vision of Pachamama Alliance.
In this position, you will work on a collectively-managed team in an organization with a non-hierarchical leadership model. You will participate in the collaborative creation of our strategies and management practices on the Marketing Team and in the organization as a whole.
You will work closely alongside the four other members of the Marketing Team—we believe that multiple brains are more powerful and creative than one! Our eclectic team works hard and plays hard together. We might have late nights from time-to-time working on projects, but we also have hacky sack breaks and have been known to go camping. We would basically all be friends even if we didn’t work together, but one of the best things about this team is that we can have our cake and eat it too. And we do actually have cake sometimes!
In this position, you will be responsible for writing compelling copy that drives our supporters into action for our marketing emails, landing pages, our blog and more. There is also a growth opportunity in this position to become fluent in other aspects of marketing and become a more well-rounded marketer.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to building Pachamama Alliance’s content marketing strategy with the Marketing Team
- Support planning and generation of new content
- Perform ongoing SEO keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Gauge the effectiveness of content by measuring engagement, leads, sales, conversions, modifying content strategy based on this data
- Stay ahead of best practices and innovations in content marketing
- Project management
- Write and edit short-form and long-form content assets from start to finish
- Writing copy for marketing and nurturing emails with subject lines that result in high open rates and CTAs that result in high click-through rates
- Writing clear and compelling copy for landing pages that result in new leads
- Writing copy for web content and blogs informed by SEO keywords and best practices that result in increased search rankings and high traffic volume
- Writing e-books, whitepapers, and other content offers
- 3-5 years experience on a Marketing Team or at a creative agency
- Trained in copywriting best practices
- Experience writing marketing emails, web content, landing pages, and blogs
- Experience researching SEO keywords
- Experience writing and editing basic HTML
- Ability to manage multiple projects & coordinate efforts across the organization while meeting important deadlines
- You are looking for a position with an organization that is aligned with your values and purpose in the world, and are passionate about indigenous rights, spiritual fulfilment, environmental sustainability and social justice
- You’re excited to work on a collectively-managed team and comfortable working without a traditional “boss”
- You’re interested in expanding your skillset into other areas of marketing
- You’re eager to brainstorm, bring creativity and innovation, share new ideas, facilitate meetings, and collaborate
- You’re willing to occasionally work late to meet important deadlines
- Training in direct response copywriting
- Certification in Hubspot’s Inbound Marketing Course, Content Marketing Course and Email Marketing Course
- Design skills
- Fluent Spanish speaker is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time and located in the San Francisco Presidio. Salary range is $45-50k plus generous vacation and health benefits. Employees receive a complimentary pass to the Presidigo Shuttle that has stops at the SF Transit Terminal, Embarcadero, and others in route to the Presidio. All the criteria-based duties and standards within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the Pachamama Alliance organization.
If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Then submit cover letter and resume to Lindsay Dyson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and “Copywriter/Content Marketer” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume as separate attachments. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Pachamama Alliance to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries; to provide equal opportunity for advancement of employees; to provide program and employment facilities which are accessible to those with disabilities and to administer its programs in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.