An Internship at Pachamama Alliance is a unique opportunity. Each position we offer immerses you deeply into our unique culture and ways of working, giving you opportunities to learn and to contribute your skills and talents. We are passionate people committed to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on planet Earth through advocacy and educational programs across the world. Our work connects these issues and this internship combines your desire to make a difference in the world with a practical and memorable experience that you will be proud to put on your resume.
We operate in non-hierarchical, management-distributed teams and provide excellent on-the-job training to our Interns while working in an open-office environment filled with plants, natural light, and opportunities for getting involved in all our work. We work hard and we play hard and we think you will have a lot of fun while learning!
The Development Intern will work directly with the Development Team; Claudia Sandoval, Edmund Mills and Eva Angell, for this unique experience. The person who fulfills this position will contribute to the continued growth and sustainability of the Pachamama Alliance, as they learn about our fundraising model; how we raise money, our giving programs, how we cultivate donors and maintain our relationships with them; how we use Salesforce to track donations and participation in our programs. As the Development Intern you will have an opportunity to participate in our outreach events while providing support to both the Team and our donors. The key aspects of this role is that you must love working with people, share our commitment to our mission, and you are ready to prepare for a future career in non-profit development.
- To fulfill this internship you are requested to commit 15-20 hours per week.
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed.
- Please be committed to be in this position September – December 2018, at least 90 days – dates are flexible
- Please let us know your proficiency with apple computers, Google Docs, Microsoft Office. You will be trained in other applications such as Salesforce.
What’s in it for you
- You get to work in a National Park! You will work in our office in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- Your work will directly support our success in our fundraising efforts and in the production of our events
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
- How to Apply:
We require an Internship Application form to be submitted along with your resume and a cover letter. Please download the internship application form or email Lindsay at Lindsay@pachamama.org to request a form. Please submit your documents with your application by email. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you, and how you might create value from an internship here. Start date will be September so please let us know details of your availability. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site or Skype interview after we have received your application and documents.