Pachamama Alliance is seeking a bilingual intern to support and administrate our online courses. Awakening The Dreamer was the foundation for all our courses and in this internship you will support it’s growth by supporting presenters in hosting the course. Game Changer Intensive is an 8-week online journey that inspires and equips people from around the world to become game-changing leaders in the world. Through carefully-curated resources—videos, readings, and activities— participants explore course content and interact with others in stimulating online discussions and live group discussions. At the end of the course, participants are invited to engage with grassroots movements that strike at the root causes of the great challenges of our time. Our newest course, Introduction to Drawdown, provides people interested in reversing global climate change a way to explore the possibilities for effective action, using Paul Hawken’s book Drawdown as source material.
In this role, you will gain experience in the field of online transformational education and will directly support the growth of these program in Ibero-America. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
The position requires fluency in English and Spanish, and proficiency in basic website maintenance and design. You will be working closely with the Online Learning Team team and Spanish speaking members of our community; good interpersonal skills are a must.
- Working collaboratively with key community members to add and maintain Spanish materials on course website.
- Answering technical support and content-related emails from Spanish speaking participants
- Tracking participant engagement levels and reporting program metrics
- Supporting course specific activities and processes
- Working with the Game Changer Intensive team to identify and implement new strategies for bringing this work to Spanish speaking communities.
- At least 10, and up to 40 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- Dates are flexible. We request a commitment of at least 90 days
- Option to work remotely after a training period in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, CA.
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed.
- Dependent on experience and length of commitment, possible stipend available
What’s in it for you: Benefits
- You will be at the forefront of bringing this work to new places in the world.
- Your work will directly support course participants’ in their journey to action to bring forth a thriving , just and sustainable world for all.
- You will learn to manage our online learning platform (Moodle) and will have ample opportunities to hone your skills in basic web design and asset management.
Your work will directly support our success we expand our Programs helping to fulfill the mission of the Pachamama Alliance
- You get to work in a National Park! You will train and work in our office in the Tides Converge Center in the historic Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
- You will be able to attend our meetings, trainings and special events to experience how we work as unique self-managed Teams.
- You will celebrate our successes with us.
- You will work in a healthy environment with supportive people who are committed to your success as an Intern, in an office of live plants, natural light, and flexible hours, just a short walk from San Francisco Bay.
How to Apply
If you are interested in fulfilling this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: www.pachamama.org. Our Internship Program Manager, Lindsay Dyson, is available to answer your questions at 415-561-4522 ext. 101, prior to submitting the application online. Please download and complete our Internship Application form or email Lindsay Dyson to request a form. We require an Internship Application form to be submitted along with your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance; what you would like us to know about you and how you might see value for yourself as an intern here. Please submit these documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability, so please let us know details of dates, days, and times you will be able to be at the job. We welcome diversity! Call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting the application via email. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site interview after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates will be interviewed via Skype, Zoom or other online application.