Pachamama Alliance is seeking a bilingual intern to administrate our educational programs.
- Awakening The Dreamer the foundation for all our courses
- Game Changer Intensive is an 8-week online journey that inspires and equips people from around the world to become game-changing leaders in the world. Through carefully-curated resources—videos, readings, and activities— participants explore course content and interact with others in stimulating online discussions and live group discussions. At the end of the course, participants are invited to engage with grassroots movements that strike at the root causes of the great challenges of our time.
- Reversing Global Warming: Introduction to Drawdown, exposes to participants that reversing global warming is possible and they have a unique role to play.
Key responsibilities: you will learn to ;
- Working collaboratively with key community members to add and maintain English and Spanish materials on various online platforms, and identify and implement new strategies for bringing this work to Spanish speaking communities.
- Answering technical support and content-related emails from Spanish and English speaking participants
- Tracking participant engagement levels and reporting program metrics
- Support the monthly global calls connecting participants all over the world
- Learn to problem solve, improving processes when they’re possible and always looking to improve our operations
- Discover with us what it takes to create an engaged community of participants committed to making a difference in their local communities.
- At least 10, and up to 30 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- Dates are flexible. We request a commitment of at least 60 days. Immediate start date available.
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed.
- Dependent on experience and length of commitment, possible stipend available
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and/or Moodle a plus, but not required. You will be trained in our use of these applications.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required, College or University Freshmen-Graduates, 3.5 GPA
- Proficiency in basic website maintenance and design is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills online and by phone are a must.
Benefits: What’s in it for you:
- This position provides experience in managing media and basic web design including HTML and CSS.
- You will directly support course participants’ in their journey to action to bring forth a thriving , just and sustainable world for all.
- You will learn to manage online learning platforms with ample opportunities to hone your skills in basic web design and asset management.
You will directly support our our expansion of our Programs helping to fulfill the mission of the Pachamama Alliance
- You will work in our office in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, CA. A PresidiGo Pass will be provided if needed. Although this is an unpaid, volunteer position, we offer transportation reimbursements for qualified commutes.
- Option to work remotely after a training period in our office
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
- You will contribute to assessing our current methods and technological tools and provide feedback on possible improvements.
- You will be able to attend our meetings, trainings and special events to experience how we work as unique self-managed Teams.
- Your work will directly support course participants’ engagement in their journey to action to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world for all.
- You will celebrate our successes with us.
- You will work in a healthy environment with supportive people who are committed to your success as an Intern, in an office of live plants, natural light, and flexible hours, just a short walk from San Francisco Bay.
How to Apply
If you would like to work with us in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: www.pachamama.org. You should then submit the following documents for your application; your resume; a cover letter, and our Internship Application form. This form is a requirement to be considered for an Internship. Please download the internship application form or email <email@example.com> to request a form. In your cover letter, please let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you that does not fit in a form, and how you might create value for yourself from an internship here. We ask that you submit the requested documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability so please let us know the details of when you could start in the position. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting your documents. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site interview after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates will be interviewed with Skype or Zoom or other online application.