Pachamama Alliance is seeking an intern to support the Journeys Program, which are immersive travel experiences designed to facilitate personal transformation at the level of heart, mind, body and soul. On Journeys, we lead people to one of the most remote, biologically diverse, and spiritually potent places on the planet: the Amazon Rainforest. In addition, we also coordinate Journeys in the North in collaboration with ceremonial leaders in the high desert of New Mexico. These immersions are aimed at delivering teachings that support individuals who are actively working in service of the planet and humanity. After a Journey, participants describe a lasting feeling of tranquility and interconnectedness; newfound courage and clarity around their life, work and purpose; sustained commitments and actions that support their transformation; and a complete recalibration and attunement of body, mind and spirit.
- Support the Journeys Team in outreach, promotion and enrollment
- Monitor and track new Journey leads
- Nurture relationship with enrolled Journey participants
- Coordinate pre- and post- Journey engagement with participants
- Integrate Journey participants with other PA programs and initiatives
- Manage database of Journey participation and outcomes
- Assist development and implementation of a leadership curriculum for Journey Leaders
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
- At least 15 and up to 30 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- Option to work remotely for part of the week, following a training period in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with Hubspot and Salesforce
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree (completed or in progress)
- Spanish Language Ability
- Firsthand experience participating on a Pachamama Journey or visiting the Amazon Rainforest (preferred but not required)
What’s in it for you
- You get to work in a National Park! You will train and work in our office in the Tides Converge Center in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- Your work will directly support our success as the Journeys Program in helping to fulfill the mission of the Pachamama Alliance
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
- You will be able to attend our meetings, trainings and special events to experience how we work as unique self-managed Teams.
- You will celebrate our successes with us.
- You will work in a healthy environment with supportive people who are committed to your success as an Intern, in an office of live plants, natural light, and flexible hours, just a short walk from San Francisco Bay.
How to apply
Please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Then submit the following documents for your application; your resume; a cover letter, and our Internship Application form. This is a requirement to be considered for an Internship. Please download the internship application form or email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you, and how you might create value from an internship here. Please submit the requested documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability so please let us know the details of when you could start in the position. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting your documents. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates may be interviewed with Skype or Zoom or other online application.