Pachamama Alliance is seeking an intern to support member engagement in its online community. This online community brings together Pachamama Alliance participants, leaders, and supporters to create and collaborate in a space of partnership and possibility. This intern position will connect one on one with new members to help orient them to the community, foster activity for them by creating engagement opportunities, and use analytics tools to optimize member engagement.
In this role, you will gain experience in the field of online community management. You will have the opportunity to connect with inspiring and passionate people around the world, and will use online analytics tools to develop effective engagement opportunities for them . In addition, you will have the opportunity to work at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
- Contacting new members to orient them to the community
- Monitoring member activity to identify trends
- Curating content to foster discussions
- At least 10, and up to 40 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- Dates are flexible; start date will be at your earliest availability
- We request a minimum commitment of 90 days
- Option to work remotely after a training period in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, California
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Engaging phone support
- Ability to collaborate and to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets
What’s in it for you
- You will train and work in our office in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, California
- Your work will directly support our success in our Online Community Building
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven and unique office environment
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Please submit the following documents for your application; your resume; a cover letter, and our Internship Application form. This form is a requirement to be considered for an Internship. Please download the internship application form or email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you, and how you might create value from an internship here. Please submit the requested documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability so please let us know the details of when you could start in the position. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting your documents. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates may be interviewed with Skype or Zoom or other online application.