Pachamama Alliance is seeking an enthusiastic candidate for our Online Community Engagement Internship which has been designed to provide experience in supporting engagement of the members of our online community. This online community brings together participants, leaders, and supporters of Pachamama Alliance to create and collaborate in a space of partnership and possibility. The intern fulfilling this position will play a role in promoting activity for them. You will learn to do this by creating engagement opportunities in our online portal, and maintaining the internal systems used to track community members and their activities. Your work in this internship will create for Pachamama Alliance an awareness of what the people in our online community want and how to support them in their activities locally via the online portal. You can visit the community portal, Global Commons and create an account so you may start to explore the work. If you accept this position, you will also be encouraged to participate in our other online courses to deepen your understanding of what we do.
In this role, you will gain experience and engagement with the emerging field of online community management. And, you will have the opportunity to shape the Pachamama Alliance online community as it develops. In addition, you will be working at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all, while also partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect their rainforest home.
- Tracking new member enrollment
- Connecting members with engagement opportunities in the community relevant to them
- Monitoring member activity to identify trends
- Curating content to generate discussions
- Integrating online community activity with our organization’s other programs
- At least 10, and up to 40 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed
- Dates are flexible; start date will be at your earliest availability
- Option to work remotely after a training period in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, California
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Engaging phone support
- Ability to collaborate and to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Benefits – What’s in it for you
- You get to work in a National Park! You will train and work in our office in the Tides Converge Center in the historic Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a non-hierarchical office environment.
- You will be able to attend our meetings, trainings and special events to experience how we work as unique self-managed Teams.
Your work will directly support our success as we expand and enhance our educational Programs to fulfill the mission of the Pachamama Alliance with Online Community Building and Engagement
- You will celebrate our successes with us.
- You will work in a healthy environment with supportive people who are committed to your success as an Intern, in an office of live plants, natural light, and flexible hours, just a short walk from San Francisco Bay.
How to apply
If you would like to work with us in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Then please submit the following documents for your application; your resume; a cover letter, and our Internship Application form. This form is a requirement to be considered for an Internship. Please download the internship application form or email email@example.com to request a form. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you that does not fit in a form, and how you might create value for yourself from an internship here. We ask that you submit the requested documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability so please let us know the details of when you could start in the position. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting your documents. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site interview after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates will be interviewed with Skype or Zoom or other online application.