Pachamama Alliance is seeking an intern to support member engagement in its online community. This online community brings together Pachamama Alliance participants, leaders, and supporters to create and collaborate in a space of partnership and possibility. This intern position will play a role in maintaining the internal systems used to track community members, and in fostering activity for them by creating engagement opportunities.
In this role, you will gain experience with the emerging field of online community management and will have the opportunity to shape the Pachamama Alliance online community as it develops. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
- Tracking new member enrollment
- Connecting members with opportunities in the community relevant to them
- Monitoring member activity to identify trends
- Curating content to foster discussions
- Integrating online community activity with other organizational systems
- At least 10, and up to 40 hours per week for a minimum of three months
- Option to work remotely after a training period in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, CA.
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed.
- Possible stipend available dependent on experience and length of commitment
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets
What’s in it for you
- You get to work in a National Park! You will train and work in our office in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, CA.
- Your work will directly support our success in our Online Community Building
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Please submit the following documents for your application; your resume; a cover letter, and our Internship Application form. This is a requirement to be considered for an Internship. Please download the internship application form or email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you, and how you might create value from an internship here. Please submit the requested documents by email. Start date will be at your earliest availability so please let us know the details of when you could start in the position. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions prior to submitting your documents.. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site or Skype interview after we have received your application and documents.