An Internship at Pachamama Alliance is a unique opportunity. Each position we offer immerses you deeply into our unique culture and ways of working, giving you opportunities to learn and to contribute your skills and talents. We are passionate people committed to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on planet Earth through advocacy and educational programs across the world. Our work connects these issues and this internship combines your desire to make a difference in the world with a practical and memorable experience that you will be proud to put on your resume.
We operate in non-hierarchical, management-distributed teams and provide excellent on-the-job training to our Interns while working in an open-office environment filled with plants, natural light, and opportunities for getting involved in all our work. We work hard and we play hard and we think you will have a lot of fun while learning!
In this Internship position, you will work with our Social Media Coordinator and the rest of the Marketing team to support our social media channels with engaging content, expanding the reach of our messages, and enrolling people online into the world of Pachamama Alliance. This internship will be a valuable opportunity to learn the ins & outs of online Marketing, with a focus on Social Media and Content Marketing. In addition, you have the opportunity to work at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
Key Responsibilities: You will learn
- About Social Media Marketing, and how it fits into an overall Inbound Online Marketing Strategy
- How to curate articles, images and videos and create posts to engage audiences on our social media channels
- How to use the Hubspot Marketing Platform to schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and more
- How to build Paid Advertising campaigns on Facebook
- How to keep social audiences updated on our work to protect the Amazon, and to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable human presence on Earth
- How we generate Leads who can become Contacts for invitations to join our programs and become donors
- Thorough grounding in the work of the Alliance, our history, culture and community.
Details: All candidates will be considered. The ideal candidate will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Proficient user of the top global social media platforms
- Desire to learn about marketing and communications at a non-profit
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Strong grammar and spelling
- Ability to proofread and edit your own writing thoroughly
- Ability/willingness to write in a tone and voice other than your own
- Interns are expected to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week for at least 4 months.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- This position requires training and work in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, CA. (A PresidiGo shuttle pass from downtown will be issued if needed.)
- Immediate start date available
What’s In It for You:
- Have access to trainings, events, and talks from thought leaders, our indigenous partners, and partnered organizations when they visit our office.
- Learn more about indigenous peoples of the Amazon, the Amazon rainforest, the sustainability movement, social justice and personal transformation.
- Gain experience working in a unique, mission-driven, dynamic office setting with some of the coolest people on Earth.
- Connect with people from all over the world who are passionate about sustainability, social justice, and spirituality through our social media platforms and our blog. Develop
- Develop a portfolio of work that you can share with future prospective employers.
Our Social Media Marketing Internship will steep you in the world of online marketing in a non-profit context, and you will leave with many valuable skills for your resume including:
- Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Blog Writing & Social Media Copywriting
- basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- basic HTML
- professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linked In and Instagram
- experience with content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress
- basic experience with Google Hubspot Analytics, Facebook Analytics & Twitter Analytics
- experience with Facebook Ads and possibly Google Ads
How to Apply
We require an Internship Application form to be submitted along with your resume and a cover letter. Please download the Internship Application form, or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. Please complete this form and with it submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Samples with your Application by email. In your cover letter let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance; what you would like us to know about you; and how you might create value from an internship here. For the Social Media Marketing Internship, you are also required to submit two to three writing samples. These can be excerpts of longer pieces. Ideally they will be samples of something you imagine we would post on our blog or on Social Media. Sorry but we will not consider applications for this position without writing samples. Start date will be your earliest availability. Please let us know dates and times you can be with us. Send your completed application, writing samples, and supporting documents via email to mailto:email@example.com. You may call Lindsay at 415-561-4522 ext. 101, if you have any questions prior to submitting the application online. You will be contacted to arrange for an interview after we have received your application and supporting documents. Out of area applicants may be interviewed with a skype call.
It is the policy of Pachamama Alliance to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries; to provide equal opportunity for advancement of employees; to provide program and employment facilities which are accessible to those with disabilities and to administer its programs in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.