An Internship at Pachamama Alliance is a unique opportunity. Each position we offer immerses you deeply into our unique culture and ways of working, giving you opportunities to learn and to contribute your skills and talents. We are passionate people committed to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on planet Earth through advocacy and educational programs across the world. Our work connects these issues and this internship combines your desire to make a difference in the world with a practical and memorable experience that you will be proud to put on your resume.
We operate in non-hierarchical, management-distributed teams and provide excellent on-the-job training to our Interns while working in an open-office environment filled with plants, natural light, and opportunities for getting involved in all our work. We work hard and we play hard and we think you will have a lot of fun while learning!
The Video Production Intern will work directly with the Video Production Team; Mary Chase and Monty Thomas, for this unique experience. The person who fulfills this position will contribute to the continued growth and sustainability of the Pachamama Alliance, as they learn about our documentary production; how we produce engaging video content, our online programs, how we shoot, edit and distribute documentary content; how we use Airtable (database) to catalogue all of our video assets. As the Video Production Intern you will have an opportunity to participate in our productions while providing support to the team. The key aspects of this role is that you must love working with people, share our commitment to our mission, and you are ready to prepare for a future career in non-profit video development.
- To fulfill this internship you are requested to commit 10 hours per week.
- This is an unpaid internship, with transportation stipends for qualified commutes and a PresidiGo pass provided if needed.
- Please be committed to be in this position April – July 2019 or at least 90 days – dates are flexible
- Please let us know your proficiency with apple computers, Google Docs, Microsoft Office. You will be trained in other applications such as Airtable, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects. But knowing those is a plus!
What’s in it for you – Benefits
- You get to work in a National Park! You will train and work in our office in the Tides Converge Center in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- Your work will directly support our success in our content creation efforts and in the production of our films.
- You will learn valuable job skills working on a Team in a mission-driven unique office environment.
- You’ll learn valuable industry level video production and post-production skills.
- You will be able to attend our meetings, trainings and special events to experience how we work as unique self-managed Teams.
- You will celebrate our successes with us.
- You will work in a healthy environment with supportive people who are committed to your success as an Intern, in an office of live plants, natural light, and flexible hours, just a short walk from San Francisco Bay.
How to Apply:
We require an Internship Application form to be submitted along with your resume and a cover letter. Please download the internship application form or email Lindsay at Lindsay@pachamama.org to request a form. Please submit your documents with your application by email. In your cover letter, let us know why you are drawn to Pachamama Alliance, what you would like us to know about you, and how you might create value from an internship here. Our start date is flexible and will be at your earliest convenience so please let us know details of your availability. You may call Lindsay Dyson at 415-561-4522 ext. 101 if you have any questions. You will be contacted to arrange for an on-site after we have received your application and documents. Out of area candidates may be interviewed with Skype or Zoom or other online application.